Bar Shield is used to protect nightclubs, lounges, bars, hotels, bowling alleys and large events across the country.
Highlights: Bar Shield displays a customer’s “Bar Record” before they enter your establishment. Every time an ID is scanned, the following violations are listed if a customer committed them at any Bar Shield location:
- Arrested at your establishment
- Walked out on a tab
- Used or displayed a weapon
- Been banned from any location
- Used a fake ID
- Harassed other customers
- Caused property damage
- and more
The following information is provided to help spot a fake ID:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Customer picture (if previously taken)
- Challenge Question – information only the real ID holder will know. Download today and use our free trial to test this feature
BEST SELLING FEATURE – Manually enter any person that has been arrested at your location:
- Simply request previous arrest reports, enter the required information into Bar Shield, and press enter
- With Bar Shield’s manual entry portal, you can be guaranteed to know if a previously arrested customer tries to return in the future.
In the event an incident occurs, the following steps can be taken:
- Enter the violation that was committed so the customer never returns without your knowledge again
- Email a patron’s record to the police if a major crime is committed
- Email your entire night’s patron list with the push of a button if required
The information presented by Bar Shield will allow staff members to be proactive with potential problem patrons.
Bar Shield reads IDs from all 50 states and Canada. The laser scanner attachment is required.
INFORMATION IS THE KEY
The ability to flag problem patrons with a variety of different offenses is what differentiates Bar Shield from other ID scanners. This data is made available in real time to all members of the Bar Shield network. When an offending patron’s ID is scanned at another member establishment, the patron’s “Bar Record” is instantly displayed, allowing staff to make an more informed decision about who is allowed to enter.
Bar Shield can help your venue detect fake IDs:
- Customer’s date of birth is displayed with every scan to make age verification as easy and as fast as possible
- If Bar Shield cannot interpret the ID when i is scanned, it displays, “cannot parse information, check ID for validity”, ensuring staff knows to take a closer look.
- If you believe an ID is fake, you can ‘flag’ it as fake. If that ID is ever duplicated and scanned at any Bar Shield establishment in the future, it will display as a fake ID.
- When an ID is scanned, Bar Shield displays the name embedded in the 2D bar code or magnetic strip on the back of the ID. If that name is different than the name on the front of the ID, the ID is fake.
- If an ID is flagged as suspected of being a fake but returned to the patron, other Bar Shieldbars will be notified when that patron tries to enter using the same ID.
EXPORT PATRON VIOLATION REPORT VIA EMAIL TO THE POLICE
With Bar Shield, you have the ability to export any person’s scan to a third party in the event an incident occurs and the person gets away.
With the push of three buttons, you will generate a “Bar Shield Patron Violation Report”. This report will contain:
- The violation the customer committed with any added comments
- The customer’s picture (if taken at the door or if already present in the database)
- The customer’s name
- The customer’s data of birth
This report will provide valuable information to the police to track down a subject, and it is a great alternative to only having surveillance footage.
In scan mode, the app provides a head counter to help maintain safe capacity levels.
- Every time an ID is scanned, the head count increases by one.
- Head count can be manually increased or decreased while in scan mode.
Press the screen while in scan mode and the flashlight will turn on. Press the screen again to turn it off.
Attach the laser scanner for instantaneous scanning. Perfect for high volume accounts, the scanner does not require ambient lighting to function. The scanner fits around the device like a standard case, enabling scanning with one hand.
The Bar ShieldTM App is compatible with the following iOS Devices
- iPhone 5c*
- iPhone 5s*
- iPod touch 5th Generation* – 32GB or 64GB version only
- iPad 3 and later versions*
*It is critical to have a camera enabled device advanced enough to read the complex 2D bar code present on an ID.
*A 5-megapixel camera or higher is required to ensure rapid scanning if the laser scanner is not attached.
*All devices must have a flashlight in order to ensure low light scanning when the scanner is not attached.
*All devices need to have access to a strong WiFi signal or a data plan.